Today I experienced so much spiritual growth that I have to share it with the WORLD! Everyone needs a little background on my life before I start though. I grew up in a small town in OK, and went to a typical southern baptist church. That being said our worship on Sunday mornings usually consisted of hymnals and a piano, none of this crazy rock band worship. Since I came to college I have really grown to love the rock band style of worship. I love how freeing the loud drums and guitars are, I love how with the lights down you can fully engage in honoring the most High King. Today I experienced a new type of worship. I had a really rough night last night, my confidence was shaken, I was being attacked by the enemy with lies only the enemy could have been feeding my mind. I began intensely praying and listening to the oh so awesome Hillsong United. I wish I could explain the peace that I felt from this experience. I have been trying for the last year to really give my worries to Christ, to let him take the burden because that is what he came to the earth to do. I do not think until last night I really had ever fully given my worries completely to him. I woke up this morning with a peace I can't describe, and a confidence in myself and my faith that I have never known before. My prayers today were full of thanksgiving and amazement at the new side of Christ that had been revealed to me. I read a verse during my quiet time today that really opened my eyes to exactly what happened to me last night while I was praying with all my might.
"But he said to me, ' My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christs power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses , in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong. " 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Two things were revealed to me through these verses. One was that my weakness last night delighted the Lord. I am empowered by Christ through my weakness. When I give my weakness to Him he fills me up with the Holy Spirit and prepares me better for battle. I not only gain strength from my weakness but I also gain knowledge and spiritual growth from these situations. I would not have had this awesome experience with the Lord if I had not been shaken, if I had not been brought to my knees for a few hours. I know that Christ does not wage war against us, it's the enemy that wages the war. Christ does not abandon me during these times, He allows spiritual warfare so we are able to use our God-given spiritual gifts and fight back against the enemy! We are fighting the Lord's war!
No comments:
Post a Comment