Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Inspiration and Motivation for All!

Thanksgiving favorites!
I have decided the fall semester of school is definitely my favorite. Football games, Fall leaves, Halloween, Weddings =], Birthdays, Thanksgiving, and the most important Christmas! I have lacked motivation this semester due to my easy peasy schedule, and now with the awesome holidays approaching I have reached a new low in the motivation department. So for anyone else who is needing a boost it's ONLY two weeks, that;s right, 14 days until Thanksgiving Break. Then it's ONLY 16 days until we all gain the Thanksgiving fifteen! And every OU student knows when we get back from Thanksgiving Break we ONLY have three weeks until the semester is over! I hope this countdown makes everyone smile because it does me!







This past weekend my bestest friend from college, Cindie, came home to see us for Kayla's 21st birthday. The proverbial 21st birthday shebang has been going on a lot around here and it's nice that everyone is finally catching up to my old age ( I turned 21 in June!) I was so glad I got to see Cindle since she went from being my roommate/confidante/soul mate to living all the way in Nebraska this school year. I guess that is what I get for introducing her to the boyfriend who then introduced her to his hometown which she fell in love with!

Me and Cindie!


Speaking of  someone's love of their life I also went to a beautiful fall wedding this weekend, as well as a funeral! You would think that those two things would be a happy occasion and a very sad one. Funny enough, I cried at the wedding and laughed at the funeral! The funeral was of my 95 year old Great Grandmother and she is now living the life that Revelation 21:4 describes, "He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good= tears gone, crying gone, pain gone=all the first order of things gone."  I am so happy for her, she is now reunited with her husband and one of her daughters, my Nanny Darlene. Her funeral was hilarious because everyone seemed to have an awesome story to tell about Grandma Lowrimore. She was very witty and blunt and never was afraid to set you straight, especially in regards to your faith. At her funeral, we were told of a vision she had of angels and how they told her about a very sad day coming for some, and a very happy day coming for others. This was the day the Lord was coming, and she knew her soul and heart loved the Lord so her day would be happy but that others did not have that luxury. She wanted everyone to know of that story.


My Beautiful Grandma Lowrimore



The wedding I went to was so beautiful, but it wasn't all the beautiful flowers that made me tear up, it was how awesome the idea of marriage is, and how it is based on the marriage between Christ and the Church. It also made me teary watching her walk down the aisle with her Dad. It was just too cute! Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for anything having to do with weddings and I am so excited people I know are starting to get married. I know Mar Mar had been dreaming about that day for so long and I'm pretty sure it was everything she could have hoped for and more!


Marlissa walking down the aisle with her Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment