It's the Most Wonderful Time of the YEAR! Seriously, this is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons. I love all the Christmas carols, specifically the Home Alone soundtrack, Glee Christmas, and Nat King Cole's version of the Christmas song. I obviously love Home Alone 1 & 2 not 3 because Kevin isn't in it. Miracle on 34th Street, and Elf of course! I've always loved Nativity scenes since I was a tot. I have had a mild obsession with ceramic baby Jesus' since I can't remember when. So tonight when I was looking lovingly at a lit Nativity scene, I started to really think about that baby laying in the manger.
Please for just one second think about how important that tiny baby is. That baby represents everlasting life for the entire world. That baby represents freedom from sin. That baby represents everything in the world that is pure, noble, and right. It's so easy sometimes to forget what Christmas is really about. I've heard that phrase so many times, to remember the reason for the season. I try to put myself in Mary's shoes but I can't even begin to understand the weight on her shoulders knowing that she is about to give birth/raise the Messiah. And Joseph, he has this scandalous virgin birth and also the weight of raising the Messiah. The couple probably couldn't even begin to fathom what their son would go on to do for this world. The birth of Christ as well as the crucifixion and resurrection are still so relevant today and that is the insane part to me. The Christmas we celebrate today happened forever ago, yet it's still the most celebrated holiday in our culture. I am so glad we celebrate the Messiah's birth, this year I am trying to remember that I am celebrating the birth of the most important person in the universe not just a month off of school, presents, good movies and music!

Chels!! I love this! You're so right, God is so amazing, and he came down and got on our levels so He can lead us and show us the right way to live. He set such a great example, Im so glad to see you striving to live like Him.
ReplyDelete